Friday, August 28, 2009

Team 147

So, I got the bright idea to participate in a sprint team triathalon. A sprint triathalon is a 300 meter swim, 10 mile bike ride, and a 5k run. If you participate as a team, each person does one event.

I recruited two friends, Casey (our ringer) and Hallie and we decided on which event we would "specialize" in. Hallie will be our 5k runner, Casey is our 10 mile biker, and yours truly is the swimmer (watch yourself Micheal Phelps)

Here is what we will look like, minus the swim cap, spandex, and professional looking appearance.


Nick is getting a boys team together too. If anyone else is interested, we can have more teams, just let me know.

I want to participate to raise awareness for the 147 million orphans in the world who don't have a mommie and daddy coming for them. So as I'm breathing hard and want to give up, I'll have some strong motivation to keep my feet kicking.

Now, please note, I am NOT in shape. I mean I can't run down my driveway without breathing hard. Our race is on Oct 11, a short six weeks from now, so let the training begin!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a ringer! I haven't been on a bike in years, but I'll do my best for those precious 147m!!! We'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FIVE MILES! HOLY SHIZZLE.. I thought it was three miles!!! Im gonna need a stretcher .. I can see it now!!!!!! how ever... I have FAITH! I have a feeling Im gonna need an extra prayer braclet to get me through it! If all else fails.. at least we'll get a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallie,
    A 5k is 3.1 miles. It's 5 kilometers, so actually 3.14 miles.
    You can do it girl, that is if I actually make it out of the pool without drowning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was on the swim team in highschool, and I must say, after you start swimming laps to get ready, you will love how toned your arms and back will feel. Have fun!! Go Team 147!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH.. BAHAHAHA... that just tells you how much I run! WOOO.. Go Me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, do the swim cap, you won't regret it. (It keeps your hair out of your face as one plus.) Also, the spandex biker shorts have padding/gel in them to give your bootay a little extra padding from sitting on that saddle. So, even if they are worn UNDER regular shorts, they are needed too.

    Good luck team 147M! We're praying for you! :) ~paula & the sloan boys

    ReplyDelete