Friday, April 23, 2010

homeward bound- the last leg

I had to wake our sleeping beauty up about 7:15 so we could get to the 8:30 shuttle.Bates got up and we all got dressed and headed down to the shuttle. We decided to wait and feed Bates once we got to the airport cause he is kind of a slow eater.
We loaded up and headed back to the airport. We were excited to be finally headed home!

We got our boarding passes after having to call the customer service line to get help. What the heck happened to customer service, there wasn't even a person there, just a phone to pick up.... silliness.

We headed through the airport. O'Hare is a big ole place! Nick and I stopped and got a Smoothie King. Bates was a little fussy in his carrier- I think he was hungry, so I let him have some of my smoothie. Oh my, the boy LOVED IT! Nick and I were slowly discovering he liked food, and could keep it down for the most part.

We found our gate and just hung out and did our song and dance number to entertain Bates. We were sitting under a set of monitors with flight information, so everyone would stop and wave and talk to Bates. He wasn't so sure about all those people.

We boarded the flight, and it was one of those TINY planes. Only two seats on one side and one on the other. The flight was an hour and 15 minutes and it was a longer flight than the one from Korea. Bates was a mess. He was not a fan and did not want to nap. He just wanted to play and fuss and get up and play and throw things in the floor and open the shade and close the shade..... oh......... please. get me off this plane.

The ride was bumpy and Nick had to go to his happy place to keep from throwing up. It was great time. A busy baby and a sick husband. Whew! I was glad to get the wheels on the ground!

HOME! Finally, we were in Tennessee! Nick and I made a pit stop and changed shirts (we were prepared just in case we had a little "episode" on the plane. I called my mom and she said there were like 400 people waiting on us and TO HURRY UP!

We rounded the corner to the smiling faces of our dearest friends and family. Welcome home sweet boys to the arms of those who have prayed you home.


Bates,
Our journey to you wasn't always easy, there were days I thought you'd never be home. There were days I thought you were only a dream. Here you are, not just in our hearts, but in our arms, in our home, FOREVER. Home. I pray this is a place you that will give you roots and wings. I pray that you never doubt the joy you have brought to your father and I. Sweet boy, you are my joy, my dream come true. Welcome home, welcome home.

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE your family picture at the end! And what a cute sign!

    I have got to see sweet Bates soon and hear all about your first Mommy experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *tears*tears*tears*
    Welcome Home Family of THREE!!!
    Congratulations!!! & God Bless you!!
    Tyanna (mommyO)

    ReplyDelete
  3. S.O.B.B.I.N.G!!

    So happy for you guys! And soooo glad things are going well so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. blessings for a dream come true. thank you for finishing your story. truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok the last paragraph had me in tears. The poster is soo cute too!!! Hoping for as smooth a tranistion as posible:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. God's blessings on your family of three!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love his Puma jacket, so darling. I cannot WAIT for our boys to meet, sound like they can cause lots of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!! Love the latest updates! :)
    I'm already wanting to see him again!! I'm obsessed with that kid!

    PS...I'm still wearing my prayer chain bracelet...praying for you guys still as you transition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet end to your journey. I'm teary eyed reading your note to Bates. I really enjoyed reading about your trip to him! You will be a wonderful mother, I can just tell from your posts - you are honest, funny and optimistic!

    ReplyDelete