Friday, May 7, 2010

Babysitting and a haircut

Yesterday we kept Bates' best buddy Silas for the day. It was a blast! The boys played so well together. I liked "having" two kids!And then I hosted a United Nations Luncheon. Countries in attendance- Ethopia, South Korea, and the United States. We got lots of business covered- we are working on world peace! These two had some great ideas! Silas is only a couple of months older than Bates. I pray these two grow up together, run hard after the Lord, encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and do great things for the Lord! Silas, sweet boy, you are welcome at our house anytime!
My friend Carmen stopped by to play with Bates. I think he knew she looked like him!
Today, Bates had his first American haircut. He did great. It might have been the Sonic Grape Slush, again, I'm a cool mom like that. My haircutter, Annie, is fantastic! I love her and she just so happens to be a Korean Adoptee too! I told her not to cut it too short, I didn't want him to look like a big boy just yet! I think he looks pretty dang handsome!Annie is due in about 4 weeks (although I think sooner!) with baby Lacie. Lacie is in the running for Bates' future wife!

Thank you Annie!! We love his big boy due!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the picture of him sucking down that grape slush! He must think he hit the jackpot here in the US! He looks like a different boy with his new cut - still a super cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so much older with his new 'do! Love it! Want to see the back too. Is the mullet gone!?

    He & Silas at the lunch table are TOO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVING the haircut complete with Sonic slush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute Mary Leigh! I knew Silas would love it there...my hope is the same for he and Bates...I see double trouble already:) Love the new haircut!

    ReplyDelete