Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Favorite Purchase: Name Chop

We went and picked up the name chop and name signs last night. The man and woman were so so sweet!

They have done name chops for the Queen of England, Prince William, the Pope, and lots of famous Europeans- and now Bates!!

When we got there the man came out and showed us Bates' stamp. It's perfect and I love it! They carved on the side "2010 Spring Carving" (in Hangul).

He also gave us a free thing of ink. This isn't like an ink pad, it's like putty. Should be interesting to use!

He got our out name signs and got out his "signature stamp" and stamped ours with that stamp and then the Tiger stamp. 2010 is the year of the Tiger. Then they showed us Bates' and I love it. He asked if I wanted him to stamp it with the tiger and I said "He was born in 2008, the year of the Rat, do you have a Rat" They understood enough of what I was asking and counted back years (I think) to make sure I was right and pulled out a "Mouse" stamp as they called it.

I love the mouse, it's so stinkin' fun.

I'm so so happy with our purchases. The shop owners were so so nice and I am so please with what we bought!
this one says Brown

this one says "Choe Jeong-Hwan" aka Bates
Bates' name chop and ink

The piece of card stock that came with it with the stamp on it
not sure what else it says, maybe some of my message board friends can help me out!

3 comments:

  1. very cool! We are traveling to Korea in two days! What is the location of the shop? Would love to get our little guy one.
    thanks! Michelle
    michelle (at) hearts-content.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is SO cool! You are going to come home with so many neat treasures for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one says "love." How sweet! The small letters says "Myungshindang Pilbang (name of the store), Insa-dong, Seoul."

    Visitor from Holt BB..

    ReplyDelete