Thursday, April 15, 2010

Today's the day!

After waking up QUITE a few times and getting up twice and having myself a little cry fest, we were up for good at 8.

The two times I got up, I played on the computer and talked to some friends on the message board. Turns out that sweet, smiley little girl who we met and took pictures of is the possible daughter of a friend from the message board. She has asked for her file, but has not officially accepted the match yet. They are having some of her medical concerns checked out. She was so excited to have the pictures and hear first hand about her girl! I told her how wonderful she was. She told me she thought it was a sign from God that we got to meet her. I sure hope it works out for that family, cause that little girl is a DOLL!

I also found out the name stamp we got for Bates has his Korean name wrong. It says "Yong Hwan" not Jeong Hwan. The sweet lady, Hannah from the message board actually speaks Korean and called the store at 9 am this morning and told them the problem. The nice man told her to tell me to bring it in and they would fix it and they were very sorry.

I also learned that the Forever Family scroll is actually in Hangul, but just with some Chinese influences. So yeah!

Neither of us were really hungry, so we skipped breakfast. We got ready and headed out to Insadong to buy somethings I've been wanting, but wanted to wait to buy on our Family Day.

We took the name chop back first and the store owners were so nice. They told me to sit and I said, oh no, I can come back tonight. We are planning on taking Bates back tonight to pick up his name chop. We also ordered William a name sign. I had "William" translated into Hangul and took it. I showed it to them and they said "ohhhh William!" I said yes. I told Nick that if they didn't understand it I was going to point to the picture of Prince William on the wall (he had a name scroll done there!)After we dropped of his name chop, we shopped around for a few hours. We got a paper light, wedding ducks for Bates, a piece of celedon pottery, a miniture kimchi pot, and some gifts for our family.

When we bought the wedding ducks for Bates, they actually wrapped them up in a box with some paper and a bow. I plan on keeping it wrapped till I give them to Bates on his wedding day (that is if he gets married. Oh my, I can't even think about that yet!)After stocking up at Insadong, we walked back down to the subway to get another "forever family" scroll for my friend from the message board, Holly. I'm actually going to give her the one we had done the other day, and keep the one from today for us, since it's our Forever Family day! There was another man at the table, but I just got out the first one and showed it to him and said "one more". He did a great job!
We then headed back to our hotel, OH- I forgot to tell you, we moved rooms this morning. We may have moved down floors, but we moved UP in the world. We are in a two bedroom, corner room. And OH.MY.WORD. Marble floors, two bedrooms, a dining room table, a kitchen, two bath with floor to ceiling marble, one with a jacuzzi tub, one with a walk in shower. This pad is awesome. I'm gonna miss it!!!!



Well, one hour till we leave our hotel and walk out the front door as just me and Nick and come back as a Family of THREE!

I'm holding it together pretty well, although I think I might throw up!

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MLB! I can't wait to hear how it goes! Thank you for the scroll!!!!! I love your shopping adventures! Do you remember the name of the shop with the mini Kimchi pots? I couldn't find one at Insadong. Your new room, rocks! I hope you are having fun with Bates, and I hope you are enjoying all of your trip!......even with out a flat iron :)
    Can't wait to see your "table for 3" photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the bags you are carrying shopping bags or gift bags? Cute...I would save them for gift bags if they aren't already! And you pull off having a broken straightener very well!

    ReplyDelete